Saturday, September 25, 2021

Magic in the water - finishing handwovens

They call it 'magic in the water' - the process of finishing handwoven fabrics.  

But why?  

At the recent fibre festival Fibrations, Beatrice explains the fulling process on their handwoven shawl.


This is the entry for the Virtual Sheep to Shawl contest by team Shuttlefish!  Amazing work guys.  All handspun and handwoven.  


If you like this sort of thing and want to see more of it, here are some things you can do to support me on my youtube journey.

- go to youtube and give me a thumbs up!  Or even a subscribe!  That would be awesome
- or pop over to my Etsy shop and support me that way.


1 comment:

Josiane said...

It's really nice to see both versions side by side! It makes a strong case for the idea of keeping samples for all stages of a project. I'm keeping this in mind as I'm dreaming up handspun and handwoven projects: I'll be happy to have samples of the fibre, singles, plied yarn, fabric in its pre-finished state, and finished fabric. (Note to self: buy some extra fibre!)