Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Saori Weaving - another workshop


One of the things I like most about Saori, is that each time I take a workshop it's different. I'm not only inspired by the instructor, but also by my fellow classmates.

Have a look at this wonderful fabric. I wish I could say it is mine, but it's not.

I love the contrast of texture.




For my part, I made yet another grey and pink warp. I have a grey and pink warp at home, I did a grey and pink warp last class... I just seem to be going through a grey and pink warp phase in my life.



I wasn't in the mood for a very strong contrast of colour or texture yesterday. I was actually feeling quite ill, but I didn't want to miss the workshop. Attending a Saori workshop seems to be one of those few times when I can interact with people and feel healthier at the end of it. But all the same, I was in a pretty bland, grey and pink mood.


Here's the fabric I wove yesterday. I think it's GORGEOUS! I have all sorts of ideas for what I can make with this technique. I'm especially excited about a vest that I can make with fabric scraps from my recent sewing and yarn... I just have to finish the sewing projects first.

And this is my favourite photo from yesterday:


It is a photo of calm concentration and love. The extra fabric spilling over at her feet.


2 comments:

Josiane said...

Your fabric is indeed gorgeous! I love the bits of subtle textural contrasts. I think the subtlety gives it a lot of charm.

saoriweaver said...

It's so great to see that you are continuing with the Saori weaving - I love the colours!

Happy Weaving,
Terri