Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wonky Spring Chicken


An extremely good friend of mine has recently given birth to a beautiful baby boy. This handsome young fellow is so tiny, but I don't think that's going to last long. Before you know it, he will be as tall as his dad and into all sorts of good-natured-trouble.

I found this rather wonderful tutorial on the Sew Mama Sew! site. It's teaches you how to sew a Spring Chicken. Since I'm in the middle of a sewing bender, I thought why not.



And here you have it: a Spring Chicken.


I haven't decided if I want to put eyes on it yet. I cannot use buttons for an infant, so it would have to be embroidered on, and I don't know where my floss is... so I think maybe the chicken doesn't need eyes. It's all about colour and texture at this age anyway.



At one part of the tutorial, the author suggests that I "Embrace the wonkiness. This gives you
chicken more character."

This is definitely a Wonky chicken.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

Oh the cuteness of that delightfully wonky chicken! :)