Tuesday, November 16, 2010

And the lights go on again...


It's the longest power outage we've had since we moved here. Almost a whole 24 hours.

Yah, I know, 20 odd hours is not that long a time to go without power. But then again, it's not just the internet and the lighting that that vanish. Being without electricity means that we go without water. We're on a well, which requires a pump, which requires power.

I missed the internet too.

It was an adventure, but I managed to keep myself occupied.




As an early Christmas present, Dad put a table top on my Singer Sewing Base (found free by the side of the road). I thought I would test drive it and do some combing.






Beautiful soft Cotswold.


Some of it I spun up as novelty yarn (singles Boucle - already for sale at Knotty by Nature) and some of it I spun up as a high twist, true worsted single to use as warp.

I really like this about Cotswold wool; it is so versatile.


A Hand Combed Cotswold top sitting atop of a gtst sample of the English Leicester Boucle I spun up earlier.


1 comment:

Josiane said...

Just from the pictures, I can easlisy imagine how soft that Cotswold must be! The swatch you made from your boucle yarn looks beautiful.