Saturday, November 20, 2010

Mulled apple juice


A whole 6 inches of snow this morning when I woke up, with another inch fallen before I had a chance to finish my coffee. So much for going down town today - even if they only got a light dusting of snow.

Even the chickens won't venture out of their home.


I had to shovel them out as the snow had all blown against the side of the house and blocked their door. I needn't have bothered.

I might as well dress my loom. It looks cold.





Mulled Apple Juice

  • 2L apple juice (the real, cloudy stuff works the best)
  • 1tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
Heat in a sauce pan on medium until boiling (this cooks the spices and makes it so much better than serving just spiced juice). Reduce heat and serve. Careful, HOT!

If you like, once the juice boiled, then put it in a slow cooker on medium/high, and drink throughout the day. Yum!

1 comment:

Josiane said...

Wow! You've got that much snow, and we don't have any - something isn't quite right...
Your mulled apple juice recipe sounds perfect for that kind of day, when a warm mug of something nice makes everything better. :)