Monday, November 08, 2010

What a totally awesome kid!



I mentioned before that taking a Saori workshop taught me that weaving doesn't have to be all about planning and rules and ridged edges. Saori inspired me and got me thinking that maybe I could set up a little loom for my 3 year old friend to play on.

I don't know if this qualifies as any specific style of weaving. What I wanted to accomplish was to show the little girl (and her mummy) that weaving and other fibre arts can be easy and carefree.
I think they liked it.



I just love that photo.

And here, some of the fabric that they wove together.


And take a look at this white yarn. When the attention span of a 3 year old has enough weaving, she wanted to help spin yarn on my wheel. She usually just sticks to drafting, but today she focused on treadling with a bit of drafting.


What a totally awesome kid!


1 comment:

Josiane said...

Awesome is the right word! And what an awesome friend you are to introduce her to fibre arts!