Friday, December 14, 2012

What's your favourite food blog?

An extra thank you to everyone who's helped out with the blogs over the last few weeks.

I've decided to try the Amazon Associates programme over on my food blog, Adventures of a Whole Wheat Pastafarian.



From what I can tell, basically I put a special link in the blog.  If people click that link than buy something, I may get a small percentage of that purchases.  Way more information than you ever needed to know, here.

I decided to go this way for a few different reasons.  First off, I already link to many Amazon products.  They have good stuff and good service, and they are available to most people in the world.  Second, it's more targeted to the readership than any other programme I've researched.  I really dislike going to a blog about yarn and seeing really ugly adverts for teeth.  I think if I'm going to start forcing advertising on people, it might as well stay relevant to the subject I'm writing about.  Third, I've been looking around at other sites I enjoy reading, and Amazon seems to be the most common.

I'm going to give it a shot, see if I like it.

It seems unlikely that I will ever make my fortune writing, but I do have my eye on a few little luxuries I would like to pick up.  If I can get better at my photo taking (you know it's really hard to take good photos of food if you aren't Japanese) and keep my writing on that blog focused and informative  maybe it will be successful.



Question for you all.  What's your favourite food blog?  What do you like best about it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I havent read food blogs before. I should to eat better, maybe food blog can give inspiration to do it!
I like simple foods, I like also if there is something... well, personal style, small story or something. Like talking to a bread when you are with it in the kitchen. Good spirit in the air!

Jani