Saturday, July 17, 2010

Tour de Fleece 2010 - let there be prizes


A few days back, I won a prize for the Tour de Fleece.


This prize was provided by Waterloo Wools. I've seen the name around and am fascinated with their products, but haven't yet had a chance to try any. Now I can. It arrived in the post yesterday.


I tell you, Canada post must be having an excelent week, because I've never had a parcel arrive from Ontario in under two weeks, it's usually more than three. It's a big country.

It arrived before the end of the Tour de Fleece, so I can spin it as a reward for completing my Shetland Fleece. This braid is Shetland as well, colourway, Rooftop View. It has a lovely texture and the colours, well, I just cannot capture them with the camera. There is a lovely depth of colour. I knew as soon as I opened the package that this was going to be a wonderful pair of socks.

Thank you Waterloo Wools.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

Lovely! And how sweet that it arrived just in time for you to spin it as a reward for completing your fleece!