Friday, July 09, 2010

Tour de Fleece 2010 - slow

Not much spinning accomplished today. I stayed in the peloton.


Here is more of the Shetland fleece. I love spinning it. I've finished the shoulders and the yolk, and am now working on the sides of the fleece. There is a definite second coat in this part of the fleece, much lighter and slightly more brittle than the main fleece. I like the way it makes the colour change as I spin and I'm curious to see how it will hold up to weaving.

Yesterday I found out that I won a prize for the Tour de Fleece. Thank you random number generator. And thank you to my team mates who encouraged me to take on this challenge. I've been in contact with Waterloo Wools who are one of the wonderful shops that have donated prizes for this yarn sport. They will be sending a braid of hand dyed Shetland fibre. I figured since I won the stage spinning Shetland, it is only fitting.


1 comment:

Josiane said...

Your spinning is, as always, lovely. How fun that you won a braid of hand dyed Shetland! More of that fibre you're enjoying, in most certainly pretty colours - sweet!